American Diagnostics Corporation
Mentone Educational has the largest range of American Diagnostic Corporation (ADC) stethoscopes. ADC is a world leading manufacturers of stethoscopes for the purpose training doctors, nurses, veterinary students. ADC has been manufacturing stethoscopes for more than 30 years. Manufactured in the USA ADC's stethoscopes have a five year warrenty. ADC are dedicated to constant research and development in the are of designing and creating new stethoscopes. In addiiton to stethoscopes ADC also manufacutre blood pressure instruments, oximiters penlights, thermometers. ADC is a leading brand of nurse and doctors stethoscopes and Mentone Educational has all your stethoscopes needs at a competitive price,
About American Diagnostics Corporation
Mentone Educational offers a wide range of American Diagnostic Corporation (ADC) stethoscopes. American Diagnostic Corporation is one of the world’s premier manufacturers of diagnostic medical products, personal instruments, and accessories for the healthcare industry. ADC has been manufacturing stethoscopes for more than 30 years and is dedicated to constant research and development in the area of designing and creating new stethoscopes.
In addition to stethoscopes, ADC manufactures other medical equipment including blood pressure instruments, laryngoscopes, pulse oximeters, penlights and thermometry.
Here at Mentone Educational, we stock a number of clinician stethoscopes and nurses stethoscopes manufactured by ADC, all of which are available at competitive prices.
Some information on our current models of stethoscopes:
Ultralite Clinician Stethoscope- Adscope
The ADC Adscope-Lite 609 is an affordably priced stethoscope that combines impressive acoustic response with an ultra-lightweight design. Weighing just 100 grammes, the clinician stethoscope is designed to withstand thousands of cycles and comes with a five-year warranty.
Platinum Clinician Stethoscope- Adscope 615
The ADC Adscope 615 combines the acoustic response of a traditional ball and diaphragm in a convenient, over-sized, one-sided chest piece. The compact, sculpted design features adjustable frequency technology (AFD).
Nurses Stethoscope Sprague Stethoscope- Adscope 647
The legendary design features of the Sprague have made it one of the most popular stethoscopes in history. The threaded chest piece drum has five interchangeable fittings for complete diagnostic capability on most patients.
Nurses Sprague Stethoscope- Adscope 641
The threaded chest piece drum of chrome plated zinc permits the use of five interchangeable chest piece fittings. Supplied complete with an accessory pouch containing the bell chest pieces, chest piece key, 2 spare diaphragms, and two pairs of ear tips.
About American Diagnostics Corporation Stethoscopes Quality Control
ADC maintains ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2012 quality system standards as certified by TUV Rheinland and employs superior in-house IQC based on ANSI/ASQC Z1.4 series standards. ADC utilises a wide array of proprietary machines that test everything from gauge endurance and accuracy to stethoscope acoustics to cuff durability and bladder leakage. Gauge and Adcuff™ endurance machines test these components to a destructive 30,000 cycles – three times the industry standard.
Frequently Asked Questions About American Diagnostics Corporation Stethoscopes
How do I maximise my scope's acoustic performance?
- To maximise performance of your American Diagnostics Corporation Stethoscopes, you must optimise the seal from the stethoscope chest piece to your ears. Any leakage or obstruction will impede its performance.
- First, align the binaurals properly so that the ear tips point towards the bridge of your nose. On the ADSCOPE 641, you will need to adjust the binaurals to align the ear tips correctly. On ADSCOPE series scopes, the binaurals are pre-angled 15° forward for a snug fit. But you must make sure to position them correctly with the ear tips forward.
- Next, adjust the binaural tension. Too loose and acoustic transmission will suffer. Too tight and the scope will not be comfortable.
- To reduce the tension, grip the binaurals firmly using both hands with fingers at the centre of the "Y" in the tubing, thumbs at each side with the tubing branches out. Flex binaurals gradually until the desired tension is obtained.
- To increase the tension, grip the binaurals in the hand and squeeze the binaural tubes together gradually. Please note that excessive adjustment of the spring tension could weaken the spring.
- Select the ear tips that are most comfortable and best seal the aural canal. American Diagnostics Corporation Stethoscopes come with at least two pairs of ear tips; many are equipped with three pairs.
- Finally, make sure that you maintain your scope in good working condition. Obstructions from dust or dirt in the binaurals will impede performance, while tubing cracks will permit acoustic leakage.
Which is better – a stethoscope with short or long tubes?
Laboratory tests have demonstrated that shorter tubing provides a better acoustic response. In reality, most people cannot detect any performance impact from changes in tubing length unless there is a dramatic change in that length. In fact, the acoustic transmission of lower frequencies, with their longer wavelength, benefits slightly from increases in tubing length. Longer tubing tends to make the scope more convenient to use, but also adds a bit to its weight. Therefore, tubing length is generally a matter of personal preference.
How do I select a professional American Diagnostics Corporation Stethoscopes?
Most important is to choose the stethoscope that works best for YOU. Check the fit and comfort; you could be wearing your stethoscope for extended periods of time. Eartips are critical as they are the interface between you and the instrument. Make sure they are both comfortable and provide a proper seal to optimise sound transmission. ADSOFT ear tips, found exclusively in ADSCOPES, provide the ultimate in wearing comfort and acoustic seal. Next, choose a stethoscope that has the features you need within your budget.