3M Littmann Master Cardiology Stethoscope Black (2160)
Stainless Steel Chestpiece Stem & Headset, Black Tube
Notify me when back in stock
- 3M’s ‘Tunable Technology’ lets you easily switch from low to high frequency sounds by switching from light to firm pressure.
- HIghest quality single-sided, handcrafted solid stainless steel chestpiece .
- A special procedures adapter is included for paediatric, neonatal or difficult to reach auscultation.
- Double lumen tubing (two tubes in one) for superior transmission and insulation of sound whilst eliminating "rubbing noise".
- Anatomically designed headset comfortably positioned for optimal sound transmission.
- Comfortable Snap-Tight soft seal eartips create an excellent acoustic seal to reduce ambient noise.
- Durable latex free tubing and a robust headset that can be reliably flexed one million times.
- Complement your personal style with Littmann’s large range of chestpiece finishes and tubing colours.
- Used as a diagnostic aid as part of the physical assessment of a heart, lung and bowel sounds..
- 7 year warranty includes free repair on any manufacturing or material defects.
- Littmann performance rating of 10 out of 10.
- Tubing: Black (68.5cm/27"). Finish: Stainless Steel
The Littmann Master Cardiology – Grab Your Top-Of-The-Line Stethoscope
Many clinicians choose the Littmann Master Cardiology for all their examination needs. The Littmann Master Cardiology is a top-of-the-line stethoscope with many advantages. If you want to learn more about this stethoscope and its advantages, be sure to read the information about the Littmann Master Cardiology below.
What Can I Expect from the Acoustics of the Littmann Master Cardiology?
The Littmann Master Cardiology has one of the best acoustic responses of mechanical stethoscopes. Its outstanding acoustic response is provided by the unique tuneable diaphragm, dual-lumen tubing, an ergonomic design, and even a chestpiece made from stainless steel.
A tuneable diaphragm works with pressure sensitivity. For example, if a clinician wants to hear high frequency sounds, the clinician can apply a firmer pressure. However, when the clinician wants to hear low frequency sounds, a lighter pressure can be applied.
The dual-lumen design also contributes to the outstanding acoustics of the Littmann Master Cardiology. Through this unique design, Littmann can avoid the common rubbing noises experienced by clinicians; this by combining two sound paths into one tube. So, there is no second tube to cause the rubbing noise in the first place.
Can I Adjust the Headset of the Littmann Master Cardiology to Fit My Head Size?
When clinicians choose the Littmann Master Cardiology, they can also count on an adjustable headset. The adjustable headset can be increased or decreases, so whether you have a smaller or a larger head size, the Littmann Master Cardiology will always provide the perfect fit.
To increase the size of the headset, simply take the tubes of the headset in either hand and gently pull them apart. Keep doing this until the desired size is reached for the headset. However, if you want to decrease the size of the headset, take both tubes of the headset in one hand and press until the headset has got the desired size.
Is the Tubing of the Littmann Master Cardiology Strong?
The Littmann Master Cardiology stethoscope is made with next-generation tubing; this is a special compound used by Littmann in both mechanical and electronic stethoscopes. The material has several advantages to offer, and each of these advantages contributes to the durability and strength of the tubing itself.
One of the advantages of next-generation tubing is that the material is more resistant to certain compounds that are frequently encountered in medical environments; this includes alcohol and skin oils. In fact, these two compounds are the main reason why stethoscope tubing fails prematurely, so the added protection provided by next-generation tubing could increase the lifespan of your stethoscope considerably.
Even though next-generation tubing is stronger than the average stethoscope tubing material, it still retains amazing flexibility. Therefore, the 3M Littmann Master Cardiology can be flexed reliably. Clinicians can keep the stethoscope folded in their pocket, but they can also hang it around the neck due to its light weight.
Finally, we must mention that the next-generation tubing of the 3M Littmann Master Cardiology is completely free of latex and phthalate plasticisers. Naturally, this means that the stethoscope can be safely used around people who have a sensitivity to such materials.
Which Tubing Colours and Finishes Are Available for the 3M Littmann Master Cardiology?
Mentone Educational provides clinicians with a large range of stethoscopes, available in different finishes and tubing colours. If you have your heart set on the 3M Littmann Master Cardiology, be sure to check out the additional available colours and finishes in the Littmann section on the website.
Do you have a question about the 3M Littmann Master Cardiology? Speak to one of our helpful representatives via telephone or email today.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Mentone Educational users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.