3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope Plum Tube (5831)
Perfect for students and clinicians
- Two-sided chestpiece with tunable diaphragms on both the adult and pediatric sides.
- Single-piece tunable diaphragm is easy to attach, and easier to clean because its surface is smooth without crevices.
- Pediatric side converts to a traditional open bell by replacing the single-piece diaphragm with a non-chill rim.
- Next-generation tubing provides longer life due to improved resistance to skin oils and alcohol; less likely to pick up stains.
- Small tunable diaphragm is useful for pediatric, small, or thin patients; around bandages; and for carotid assessment.
- Stainless steel chestpiece is precision-machined into an aesthetically pleasing, less angular shape. The stem features open side indicator.
- Snap-tight eartips have a soft, smooth surface providing a comfortable acoustic seal and comfortable fit
Notify me when back in stock
3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope – Plum Tube (5831)
When Rene Laennec of Necker-Enfants Malades Hospital in Paris first devised a listening tube to maintain a chaste distance from female patients, he didn’t expect the device would evolve over time to become the modern-day stethoscope. Current stethoscope design is attributed to Dr David Littmann, who developed acoustically superior, lighter stethoscopes suitable for regular and portable use. The Littmann name lives on in a huge stethoscope range that includes 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscopes, leading the world as the first choice for doctors and students who want the best medical equipment.
The Classic III Stethoscope – Plum Tube (5831) showcases a lot more than simply colour. Every component is hand-assembled where possible using manufacturing processes that are only matched by precision industries. Quality products stand hard-wearing use for years; that’s why Littmann Classic III Stethoscopes come with a full 5-year warranty. The colour is attractive on the eye, and every component is multifunctional, serving various purposes for all-round stethoscope utility and convenience. Mentone Educational are Australia’s premium supplier of medical practice and educational needs, and our 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope range is second to none.
Plum tube colour
Littmann research and development extends to every component of the stethoscope. Each part is then further examined for additional refinements and multi-purposing. Only materials that provide maximum acoustic capability, longevity, and usability are considered. These materials then undergo further examination and testing to determine their efficacy in stethoscope use and assessment in the medical field. The plum tube is more than a colour: It is the result of cutting edge medical science that removes the need for latex and plasticisers in medical manufacturing.
The plum tube is just one Classic III Stethoscope feature worth exploring. The eartubes and eartips are also constructed with the same care, using aerospace alloys, spring-tension eartube adjustment and soft-fitting eartips for maximum comfort and acoustic sensitivity. Littmann Stethoscopes are a valuable possession worth safeguarding, and the plum tube colour is one way of personalising medical equipment. In addition, every 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope is engraved with a serial number for extra security.
What are the Classic III benefits?
3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscopes are built to provide the best possible sound auscultation at low and high frequencies. With a quality Littmann stethoscope, the heart, lungs and other organs can be accurately assessed using tuneable technology. When using a Classic III stethoscope the diaphragm doesn’t need to be replaced to switch between frequencies, allowing medical practitioners to derive confident results and provide an accurate diagnosis. Here are some more reasons why a 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope – Plum Tube (5831) can be the right choice.
- Precision engineered and assembled components, including stainless steel chestpiece
- Double sided chestpiece with tuneable technology for accurate assessments
- Easy conversion of the paediatric chestpiece side into an open bell with chill-rim
- Acoustically enhanced materials for unimpeded diagnostic listening
- Maximum sound clarity for diagnosing a greater range of health conditions
- A full 5-year warranty to ensure long-lasting reliability
What does Next Generation Tubing do?
Progressive stethoscope development includes the use of parts and materials that are healthy for the doctor, patient and environment. Littmann developers supersede unwanted materials with technologically improved components that last longer and improve function. Next generation tubing doesn’t use any rubber latex or phthalate plasticisers, making Littmann Stethoscopes far more desirable for doctors and patients with sensitive skin. Next generation tubing is long-lasting, stain resistant and incredibly flexible, retaining its colour and shape for the life of the stethoscope.
Are there small tuneable diaphragm advantages?
The popularity of Littmann Stethoscopes means small tuneable diaphragm advantages are well known among doctors and students. Convenience is key in pressure-packed medical environments, and a simple advantage such as fingertip adjustment for altering listening frequencies is convenience that is greatly appreciated. The small tuneable diaphragm is also ideal for small and thin patients, or for undertaking an assessment where bandages and other obstacles need to be negotiated. The performance and appeal of Littmann Stethoscopes is unquestioned, and Mentone Educational is proud to assist doctors and students achieve high attainments in style.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Mentone Educational users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.