The Hungry Manikin
Excellent for Student and Parent Education
Designed by two nutrition nurses at a children’s hospital to demonstrate to parents and caregivers the technique for insertion of nasogastric and gastrostomy tubes in children.
Notify me when back in stock
- Enables users to visualize the correct positioning of nasogastric and gastrostomy tubes and buttons, and also practice the technique
- Families have reported that the manikin gave them invaluable practice and increased their confidence and understanding
- Significantly improved so that fluids can be introduced into the stomach
- Transparent cover is removable and, by means of a simple connector, the stomach can be removed for cleaning
- Learn the following skills: measurement, placement, and securement of nasogastric tube; and insertion of gastrostomy tube
- Training in the following procedures is possible: aspiration of the stomach for confirming correct tube placement, measuring pH (acidity/alkalinity) of stomach aspirate, enteral feeding via nasogastric or gastrostomy tubes, and administration of liquid-based medicines
- Divided nasal septum
- Gastrostomy opening
- Movable epiglottis to demonstrate swallowing
- Representation of lungs and esophagus
- Transparent body - allowing trainees to observe the tube being passed
- Includes instruction manual and carry case
- 60.96 cm x 50.8 cm x 17.78 cm
- Two-year warranty
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Mentone Educational users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.