Advanced Life Support (ALS)
Advanced Life Support (ALS) are life-saving procedures which are used in extreme situations where the scenario extend over and above Basic Life Support and CPR. ALS focuses on supporting circulation to provide an open airway to ensure strong levels of ventilation. Mentone Educationals Advanced Life Support (ALS) manikins provide a safe learning environment to learn these key skills. Our trainers offer skills which include Tracheal Intubation, Surgical Cricothyrotomy, Intraosseous (IO) access any many more.
Our ALS trainers are appropriate for Medical Students, Qualified professionals and emergency services responders.
Mentone Educational offers a wide range of critical care and advanced life support manikins and trainers which are suitable for basic skills training, scenario-based training of both in situ and simulation centre based simulations. We offer a range of brands sourced from Japan, the USA, Germany and the Netherlands. Our high-quality products are produced by respected and reliable simulation equipment manufacturers including Nasco, Simulaids, Sakamoto, CLA (Somso) and 3B Scientific. Our ALS manikins and task trainers are used for all levels of nursing training medical training and all the way to emergency physicians and anesthetists.
What is Advanced life support?
Advanced Life Support (ALS) is the practice of procedures and techniques of life-saving protocols which extend past the practices of Basic Life Support (BLS) to further support the circulation and provide an open airway and adequate ventilation (breathing). ALS is essential practice which is used in emergency departments, in critical situations and are a last resort.
What are the types of ALS techniques?
There are a number of different Advanced life support (ALS) techniques which are used widely by clinicians in serious lifesaving circumstances:
- Tracheal Intubation (Intubation) – The procedure where an endotracheal tube is inserted into trachea to maintain a unobstructed pathway in which to administer both drugs, anesthetise and ventilate patients
- Rapid Sequence Induction (RSI) – utilised in advanced airway management is a special process of intubation which is used when the patient is at high risk of pulmonary aspiration. The major difference between RSI and standard intubation is the patient is that ventilation is not given to the patient from cessation of breathing until the patients has been fully intubated.
- Defibrillation – A technique which is used to treat cardiac dysrthymias. A defibrillation works by providing an electric current into the hear which subsequently allows the body’s to return to its natural sinus rhythm
- Intravenous Cannulation (IV cannulation) – This is the process of infusion of liquids directly into the veins of a patient, this is utilised as a technique as it is the faster way to administer drugs.
- Intraosseus infusion (IO) – This is a technique whereby emergency physicians inject directly into the bone marrow of a patient. This technique is utilised when Intravenous infusion (IV) is not available and therefore IO offers a non-collapsible alternative.
- Surgical and Needle cricothyrotomy (cric technique) – an incision made in the cricothyroid to create a patient airway in instances of severe life threating situations where obstructions are obstructing airways. This can be conducted using surgical techniques with a scalpel or through a needle directly into the airway.
Types of Advanced Life Support (ALS) Manikins and Simulators
At Mentone Educational, you will find wide range of ALS simulators ranging from low fidelity basic training to high fidelity simulators with feedback and guidance. When you buy equipment from us at Mentone Educational, you are buying brands that are of the utmost quality.
ALS Skills Trainers
At Mentone Educational we provide a wide range of simulators which suit all your needs through the following types of skills trainers
- Airway management manikins and heads
- CPR Trainers both torsos and fully bodys
- Intraosseous skills trainers and manikins
ALS Advanced HiFi Manikins
Advanced ALS manikins are available from Mentone Educational which allow for scenario based learning. These manikins allow for a different range of scenarios and parameters to be included to challenge the emergency physician.
Which Type is Most Suitable?
Our high-quality products are available to buy in a number of different types and at several different prices. If you are looking to practice a defined skill than we suggest you look at a basic skills trainer which can help preform, practice and perfect a specified skill. The added advantage of this approach is that it is far more cost effective than having a high fidelity trainer for every student thus achieving a scalable solution. If however, you are looking to run a full scenario then our range of Smart Stat Manikins, SynDaver patient manikins and NENA Sim pediatric simulators will allow you to customer and alter you scenario as requires to run an immersive and challenging simulation.
Leading Brands We Stock
- Nasco / Simulaids – Operating in the US for years Nasco’s smart range are market leaders in high fidelity ALS manikins. Nasco and simulaids combine to produce the highest quality of manikins and task trainers with warranties from 3 to 5 years
- Medical X – Based on Rotterdam, Netherlands Medical X with the flagship products of Laparoscopy trainers and the NENA sim pediatric simulator which offers scenarios based learning with high realism.
- SynDaver – An American based company with a specific focus on realism. SynDavers’ products are global leaders in surgical and ALS simulation and are second to none in tactile feedback.
Equip yourself with the very best
Mentone Educational has been operating for over 40 years pushing the boundaries of simulation and equipping Universities, hospitals and all simulation rooms with the most accurate cost effective and cutting edge simulation to help prepare them for real clinical situations.
For information on any of our products, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Send us a message via email at firstname.lastname@example.org today or call us directly on (03) 9547 6638 at our Melbourne office for service across Australia.